RBI Recruitment 2020
Updated 15th Feb 2020
RBI Recruitment 2020 of Part-time Bank’s Medical Consultant- Mumbai
RBI Recruitment 2020 for Medical Consultant Advertisement for Engagement of Medical Consultant (MC) in the Bank on Contract Basis with Fixed Hourly Remuneration
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for preparing a panel of 14 posts of Part-time Bank’s Medical Consultant (MC) on purely contract basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for the dispensaries of Reserve Bank of India (the Bank) located in Mumbai. The reservation requirement of the vacancies is as under:
RBI Medical Consultant Vacancies
|Number of Vacancies||07||01||02||02||02|
Last date to apply is 13th Mar 2020.
(i) Applicant should possess MBBS degree of any University recognized by the Medical Council of India in the Allopathic system of medicine.
(ii) Applicant having Master’s Degree in General Medicine may also apply.
(iii) Applicant should have a minimum of 2 (two) years post qualification experience practicing Allopathic system of medicine in any hospital or clinic as Medical Practitioner.
(iv) Applicant should have his/her dispensary or place of residence within a radius of 40 km from the Bank’s dispensaries.
Remuneration, duty hours and other conditions
(i) During the period of contract, a remuneration of Rs.850/- per hour will be paid. Out of the monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of Rs.1000/- per month will be treated as conveyance expenses. No other facilities/perks will be payable to the MC engaged on contract basis.
(ii) The engagement is purely on contract basis. No superannuation benefits viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable for the engagement. No leave, perquisites/facilities would be admissible. If required to attend a dispensary on any public holiday, compensation @ Rs.850/- per hour shall be paid.
(iii) Remuneration will be paid as per the actual duty hours performed and will be all inclusive.
(iv) RBI reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time, change the duty hours as well as the dispensary at its discretion, in case it becomes expedient for administrative and operational requirements. Due to change of the dispensary, the number of working hours of the MC may change accordingly.
(v) Number of hours of engagement of a MC can be increased up to 30 hours per week as per the requirement of the Bank. However, the total hours of engagement of a MC in all dispensaries put together shall not exceed 30 hours per week.
(vi) Contract for engagement will be for a period of three years. There will not be any renewal of engagement on completion of the contract period.
Location & Working Hours
|Sr. No||Name of Dispensary and Address||Working Days||Tentative working hours|
|1||Varada Officer’s Quarters Dispensary, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near BTC, Dadar, Mumbai – 400 028||Monday to Saturday||4.30 pm – 5.30 pm|
|2||RBI Staff Jalada Quarters (Prabhadevi), Bombay Dyeing Compound, Balue Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025||Monday to Saturday||7.30 am – 10.30 am|
|3||RBI Staff Chembur Quarters, Sion- Trombay Rd, Chembur, Mumbai – 400 071||Monday to Saturday||7.30 am – 11.30 am|
|4||RBI Staff Santacruz Quarters, North Avenue Marg, S. V. Road, Santacruz (W) Mumbai 400 054||Monday to Saturday||7.30 am – 10.00 am|
|5||Tardeo Officer’s Quarters, Opp. A.C. Market, Tardeo Road, Mumbai – 400 034||Monday to Saturday||8.30 am – 9.30 am|
|6||RBI Staff Byculla Quarters, Maratha Mandir, Marg, Byculla, M-8 (Regular)||Monday to Friday||7.30 am – 9.00 am|
|7||Byculla Office Dispensary, RBI, Opp. Mumbai Central Railway Station, Mumbai – 400 008||Monday to Thursday|
|10.30 am – 2.00 pm
10.30 am – 1.30 pm
|8||Amar Building Dispensary, Sir P M Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400001||Monday to Friday||10.30 am – 4.30 pm|
|9||Tata Mills Compound, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Opp. Hindmata, Dadar, Mumbai 400 012||Monday to Saturday||7.15 am – 8.15 am|
|10||RBI Officers Gokuldham Quarters, Gen. A. K. Vaidya Marg, Gokuldham, Goregaon (E), Mumbai – 400 063||Monday to Saturday||7.00 am – 8.30 am|
|11||BKC Quarters, 20, Plot no. R-3 & R-4, Near Drive In Theatre, Bandra, Mumbai – 400 020||Monday to Saturday||7.30 am – 8.30 pm|
|12||WTC Dispensary, RBI, World Trade Centre, Tower no.6, Arcade Bldg., Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005||Monday|
|1.30 pm – 4.30 pm
1.30 pm – 4.15 pm
|13||Dhanastra Officer’s Quarters, Nathalal Parekh Marg, Cuffe Parade, Colaba, Mumbai- 400005||Monday to Saturday||6.30 pm – 7.30 pm|
|14||Bank House Quarters, Backbay Reclamation, Near Mantralaya, Mumbai – 400 020||Monday to Saturday||6.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annexure-I only. Application in a sealed cover should reach the Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Recruitment Section, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai Regional Office, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400001 before 1700 hrs. on March 13, 2020 (tentative). The sealed cover should be super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Medical Consultant on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’.
(i) The Bank will conduct an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility criteria in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for Interview. Apart from those who may be called for interview, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who are not found eligible / not considered eligible for interviews.
(ii) Applicants shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination as per prescribed norms and other document verification process before being empaneled as MC on contract basis.
(iii) A candidate placed on the panel will be engaged as and when requirement arises subject to his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of Terms and Conditions given in Annex–II and the Code of Conduct given in Annex–III.
(iv) The empanelled candidate has to enter into an agreement with the Bank before engagement of their service as Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Updated 10th Feb 2020
RBI Recruitment 2020 of Part-time Bank’s Medical Consultant- Mizoram
RBI Recruitment 2020 for Part-time Bank’s Medical Consultant is on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration.Applications are invited by the Reserve Bank of India (the Bank) from eligible candidates belonging to UR (Unreserved) category for preparing a panel to fill up one (01) post of Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) in UR (Unreserved) category on contract basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for the dispensary at the Bank’s premises located at Reserve Bank of India, 3rd Floor, F. Kapsanga Building, Dawrpui, Aizawl, Mizoram-796 001.The application from eligible candidates should reach “The General Manager & Officer-in-Charge, Reserve Bank of India, 3rd Floor, F. Kapsanga Building, Dawrpui, Aizawl, Mizoram-796 001 on or before February 28, 2020.
Last date for receipt of application: 28th Feb 2020
No of vacancies: 01
RBI Eligibility Criteria
The applicant should at a minimum, possess MBBS degree of any recognized university in the Allopathic system of medicine recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The applicant should have minimum two years’ experience in practicing medicine in any hospital or clinic as a medical practitioner.
The applicant should have his/her dispensary or place of residence within a radius of 5-10 kms from the Bank’s premises at the aforementioned location.
The remuneration of the Bank’s Medical Consultant on contract basis will be fixed with reference to the actual duty hours performed and will be all inclusive.The Bank reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours and location of dispensary at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operative requirements.The rate of remuneration and the duty hours are tabulated below:
|Sl No||Place||Timings/ Duty|
|1||Reserve Bank of India,|
3rd Floor, F. Kapsanga Building, Dawrpui, Opposite Assam Rifles, Aizawl, Mizoram-796 001.
|13:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)||1. ₹ 850/- per hour for the entire period of contract, i.e., three years.
2. Out of the total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of ₹1,000/- per month shall be treated as conveyance expenses.
3. Reimbursement of Mobile Charges at the rate of ₹1,000/- per month.
The contract for engagement will be for a period of three (03) years. There will not be any renewal for engagement on completion of the period of contract.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates may please make an application in the prescribed format as at Annex –III. The application should be sent in a sealed envelope superscribed as:
“Application for the post of Bank’s Medical Consultant on contract basis (with fixed hourly remuneration)”
1.The Bank will be conducting an interview for the shortlisted eligible candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Apart from those who may be called for interview, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who will not be called for the interview.
2. After the interview the shortlisted applicants will be subjected to medical tests as per prescribed norms, before entering into contract with the Bank for rendering services as Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC). The cost of these medical tests will have to be borne by the applicant.
3. The candidate selected for the post will be appointed subject to his/her being found medically fit and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Contract as per Annex-I and Code of Conduct as per Annex-II.
4. The selected applicant shall have to sign an agreement with the Bank before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration.
Annex – I
Terms and Conditions:
1. The contract to be entered into with the Bank will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of coming into force of the contract.
2. It will be the duty of the BMC to attend to the dispensary during the duty hours as mentioned above (or for longer period as may be decided by the Bank) excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays for the purposes of half-yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive working days. The Bank may use the services of the BMC beyond the duty hours as mentioned above, depending on the necessity.
3. It will be the duty of the BMC to give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including touring staff of the Bank, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members/their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during prescribed time (the timings and/or duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). It will be the duty of the BMC to be available for consultation at his/ her private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule of the Bank. The schedule of charges applicable to the Staff/Officers of the Bank would be made available by the Bank to the BMC on request.
4. It will be the duty of the BMC to provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (3) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Officers’/Staff Quarters and the BMC will facilitate recovery of charges from the concerned employees for credit to the Bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
5. It will be the duty of the BMC to perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever qualifications (post-graduate or other medical qualifications) are possessed/may be acquired by him/her in future. It will be the duty of the BMC to ensure that the qualifications that are held or acquired in future by him/her do not restrict him/her in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner. If as per any stipulation of the Indian Medical Association, the qualifications that are held or acquired by the BMC, as the case may be, come into conflict with the Bank’s requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, the BMC will be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and the BMC shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same. The liabilities of the BMC will be that of an independent contractor and not that of an agent of the Bank.
6. The duties of the BMC at the Bank’s Office Premises apart from other requirements as mentioned above will also include:
i. Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call on him/her.
ii. Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensaries or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals, whenever called upon to attend, even when such necessity arises outside normal working hours.
iii. Administration of all types of injections with the responsibility for any untoward reaction if it occurs. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in the absence of BMC is to be discouraged. To train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the workload on BMC is heavy.
iv. The important dressings and minor surgeries are to be handled only by the BMC. However, if the BMC is convinced that the Pharmacists have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
7. The BMC is required to visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters/ leased accommodations whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on his health. For such visits, a visit fee will be paid as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
8. The BMC is required to issue certificate in support of leave availed by the employees of the Bank on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, after satisfying about the genuineness of the case.
9. The BMC is required to attend the officers/Staff of the Bank and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank, having regard to the local conditions. The visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by BMC for such visits.
10. If and when required to do so, the BMC is required to certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and/or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
11. The BMC is required to issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
12. The BMC is required to use his good offices for securing hospital facilities (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement facility) in case the employees of the Bank or their families require such facilities in the hospital.
13. The BMC is required to inspect the office premises/Staff Quarters and Officers’ Quarters of the Bank once a month and report whether they are kept in sanitary and hygienic condition.
14. The BMC is required to do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
15. The BMC is required to submit an annual report as on June 30 in the prescribed form on the general health of the Bank’s staff.
16. The BMC is required to advise on drug indents and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
17. The BMC is required to give professional opinion including reasonableness for the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the same are referred to him/her.
18. The BMC is required to attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank’s Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed/required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
19. The remuneration of the BMC is fixed at ₹850/- per hour. However, the Bank reserves the right to review the remuneration from time-to-time. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis and out of the total monthly
remuneration so payable, a sum of ₹1000/- per month will be treated as conveyance expenses. Further, reimbursement of mobile charges of ₹ 1000/- per month will be provided.
The BMC will not be entitled for any superannuation benefits viz. pension, provident fund, gratuity etc. and no leave would be admissible to the BMC. Also, no perquisites/facilities viz.
Leave Fare Concession, medical assistance etc. would be made available to the BMC. Taxes on the income of the BMC would be deducted at sources as per extant rates and Government notifications.
20. In the event of the BMC absenting from duty, he/she is required to make substitute arrangements acceptable to the Bank viz. in terms of qualification and experience at his/her own risk and cost.
21. The BMC will be under the administrative control of the General Manager & O-i-C, Reserve Bank of India, Aizawl Office.
22. The BMC shall be required to adhere to the code of conduct given in Annex -II.
23. The contract will be valid for a period of three years from the date of coming into force of the contract subject to acceptance of the above terms and conditions and adherence to the code of conduct of the Bank as given in Annex-II.
24. The engagement of the BMC under the contract is on temporary basis and no claim shall lie for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees of the Bank.
25. The contract will be terminable by either side on issue of three months’ notice or payment of three months’ remuneration in lieu thereof.
26. Any dispute arising out/on account of the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Guwahati High Court, Aizawl Bench.
Annex – II
Code of Conduct for Medical Consultants whose services are engaged by the Bank on contract and on hourly basis with fixed remuneration.
1. Every Medical Consultant shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him/her by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Medical Consultant shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or to the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
3. Every Medical Consultant shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavors to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Medical Consultant shall take an active part in politics or any political demonstration or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any legislative Body.
5. No Medical Consultant shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of the contract.
6. No Medical Consultant shall contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Bank without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any documents, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Medical Consultant of the Bank. The Medical Consultant shall indemnify the Bank for any loss suffered by the Bank as a result of disclosure of any confidential information.
7. A Medical Consultant shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee of the Bank.
8. A Medical Consultant shall not be absent from his/her duties without the permission from the Bank and without making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed 5 days at a time.
9. A Medical Consultant shall not outsource his/her service to the Bank.
10. A Medical Consultant shall –
a. Strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which he/she may, for the time being, happen to be;
b. not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall also take care that performance of his/her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
c. refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug;
d. not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication;
e. not use any intoxicating drink or drug in excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
11. No Medical Consultant shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any women employee (including contract labours) at work place.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexual determined behavior, whether directly or by implication as:
a. Physical contact and advances.
b. Demand or request for sexual favours.
c. Sexually coloured remarks.
d. Showing pornography.
e. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature besides, all such definition / interpretation as applicable in the statute / laws.
12. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Medical Consultant is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
13. Medical Consultant shall not give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give, solicit or receive any gift from, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. He/she shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
14. The provision at 13 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by him/her or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work.
15. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Medical Consultant commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
1. All the details in this form must be filled by the applicant.
2. Applications which do not contain the full particulars called for are liable to be rejected.
3. Attested copies of certificates regarding age, educational qualifications, caste etc. should accompany the application.
4. If the candidate is working as a Medical Officer for any institution, the details thereof and working hours therein should also be indicated.